eDiscovery Vice President
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk Shanghai
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
We now have an opportunity for candidates of various levels to join our Forensic / eDiscovery Financial Advisory Services community to focus on servicing our fast growing Asia Business Unit. We are looking for smart, pragmatic and results-focused individuals who can operate on a range of local and international engagements.
Forensic and eDiscovery - Investigations, Disputes & Risk Overview
- Electronic Discovery – where our skilled professionals find, compile, organize categorize, and verify case-critical data quickly across the full life cycle of the eDiscovery process – preservation, collection, processing, review and production
- Litigation Readiness – where we employ a proven process to ensure clients’ electronic files are easily accessible for potential litigation
- Data Analytics Services – where our experienced staff use their expertise in technology, finance and accounting to compile vast amounts of data, perform advanced data mining and regression techniques to solve complex problems
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Vice President: minimum of 3+ years applicable professional and consulting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese is a must
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and executive level presentation skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Able to deliver hands-on quality work products in multiple work streams, and can take full responsibility for several areas with limited oversight from engagement Director or MD
- Deep understanding of business issues, not just technical ones and can communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients
- Proficient with more complex negotiations
- Strong client negotiation skills
- Able to conduct thorough quality reviews of own work along with that of team
- Proficient project management skills
- Capacity to manage and leverage AP team members as appropriate
- Ability to communicate effectively with engagement leaders and clients
- Passion for developing and nurturing relationships with stakeholders while achieving results
- Experience and willingness to work in all areas of eDiscovery lifecycle
- Experience with Encase or other computer forensic analysis tools
- Experience with Relativity or similar and strong technical skills (e.g., building mobile processing/hosting servers, building analytics within Relativity, can perform data collections, etc.)
- Master’s/ MBA degree preferred, but will consider valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor's degree in lieu of Graduate degree
- Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE) or similar preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits program.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.