Forensics and Disputes Consultant
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk Houston
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you'll do
Our Investigations, Disputes & Risk (IDR) practice applies accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues. Examples of our services include:
Complex Claim Resolution
- Analysis of claims asserted among companies or against companies by groups of individuals
- Advise companies support their efforts to resolve the claims
- Financial support to trustees, claim administrators, or settlement administrators to properly identify, quantify, and pay allowed claims
- Support major bankruptcy assignments to resolve large populations of filed claims
- Assist companies with reimbursement from insurers
Litigation support and valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination
- Valuations of businesses, securities, intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Expert reports and testimony
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation, and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”)
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities law.
We are currently looking to add a team member with experience as an auditor, forensic accountant, or financial litigation consultant. Known internally as a Vice President, this is a full-time role that is based out of Houston, TX. Your work will involve a wide range of activities, such as:
- Utilize your general compliance and risk management knowledge, to help conduct risk assessments across functions and business lines
- Research and analyze areas of risk in the business, including identifying inherent risk and calculating residual risk
- Advise on potential solutions that may help reduce the risk for a given business by applying controls/safeguards testing procedures
- Develop and maintain industry contacts and service provider knowledge in order to stay abreast with the latest processes and technology-based controls
- Assist the team with review of documentation, including but not limited to policies, procedures, and workflow diagrams; conduct walkthroughs of processes to understand control environment
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form including drafting reports and presentations to clients
- Evaluate large data sets for the assessment of risk, including by applying a data driven approach
- Perform quality control review over work product
- Organize documents and work papers, including preparing supporting materials
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related; Master’s is desirable
- Relevant internship experience in financial services preferred
- Certifications including CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner or related, or willingness to pursue such certifications is desirable
- Ability to work with large sets of data with MS Excel
- Well-developed analytical abilities
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently with a positive and entrepreneurial attitude
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice and for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.