Retail & Consumer- Senior Vice President
Client Services - Technology & Digital United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Interested in a future that exceeds your expectations? Here, at AlixPartners your passion becomes your career. We work in smaller and more senior teams that bring deep industry and functional knowledge to our clients. You will sit shoulder-to-shoulder with owners, boards, and CEOs to address the issues that sit at the top of their agendas - and often become front-page news.
We are looking for a highly driven Senior Vice President, who is passionate about delivering high value solutions, to join our Digital practice. We are seeking professionals who have the combination of capability, drive, training, and intellectual curiosity that typically predicts success at AlixPartners.
What you’ll do:
If you join our practice, you will work with companies in all stages of their business life cycle from across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our elite professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, bringing to bear their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients.
Specifically, in your role within the Digital Solutions team at AlixPartners, you will help Client organizations take on their complex business problems with an analytical, data-driven approach. You will gain exposure to diverse set of industries, clients, and project roles. You will help define the business objectives, conduct client interviews, assess performance and effectiveness, and design analysis and/or build predictive and prescriptive models and be challenged to then present the business case for the value of these models to your client. Some examples of past work include predicting store performance for retailers, customer retention for telecoms, cross-selling opportunities for banks, hotel occupancy for the hospitality industry, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness for Technology companies, sales and operations planning tools for Industrial and Automotive, distribution and transportation optimization for process industries as well as improving speed to market for product development across Industries.
What you’ll need:
Job Specific Information:
- Industries and Services
- Recognized for knowledge and experience within Retail and/or Consumer Products industries.
- Recognized for deep skills and passion as a specialist and leader in any combination of service areas below:
- Retail & Consumer Products:
- Price optimization
- Customer Product Profitability Optimization
- Marketing effectiveness
- Stores Network & Operations
- Customer Lifecycle & Journey
- Consumer Products
- Commercial effectiveness
- Sales & Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP)
- Design to value
- Analytics and problem solving
- Views problems from the 'big picture POV', recognizing critical areas to drive into more detail. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Remains balanced and flexible while anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Synthesizes information rapidly and applies good business judgment quickly to deliver deep insights into possible impacts and solutions
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, and scaling data modeling and management approach with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors, and conclusions.
- Modeling Techniques
- Utilize algorithmic/programming toolkit, knowledge of predictive models used to improve profitability, growth, retention, and other key performance indicators for our clients
- Guide formal modeling processes from end to end- leading others in the process of data gathering, data profiling, numerical model building, calibration, cross-validation, putting product into production, etc.
- Experience recommending tool and solution designs.
- Client Delivery
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements to desired results, delivering hard dollar savings, meeting, or exceeding client expectations.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations
- Superb written communication skills
- Independently prepares client ready documents and presentations
- Leadership and executive experience
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds advisory relationships with clients and peers.
- Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating, and leading change at executive levels and across the firm.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Excellent at impromptu communication during complex discussions.
- Business and Practice Development
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts, and interest. Generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients while remaining highly utilized. Consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- An inspiring leader, innovative with the development of new tools, methodologies, and approaches.
- Experience in building talent through coaching, recruiting and day-to-day leadership.
Work & Education Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years of experience utilizing a broad base of analytic tools and coding languages such as SQL, R, Python.
- 5+ years of related consulting experience in a professional services firm environment preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working within Retail, Consumer Products or e-commerce industries preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in applied mathematics, engineering, statistics, machine learning, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or master’s degree in relevant studies is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications.
- AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Openness for up to 75% travel M-F.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.