Corporate Services - Office Teams Redwood City
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
Are you a customer service minded individual who feels a sense of accomplishment when you can solve a problem which has a successful result? In this integral role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will directly support multiple consulting professionals. Responsibilities include coordinating deadlines, analyzing, and handling sensitive information, and playing a critical role in handling confidential information requests. Support will include making meeting arrangements, managing business and personal calendars, domestic and international travel booking, expenses, time entries, and case documents for consultants in our Redwood, Los Angeles, and San Francisco offices, as well as other locations.
Known internally as Administrative Senior Professional, this position is a full-time role based in our Silicon Valley Redwood, CA office. This role reports to the San Francisco Office Manager. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Manage complex calendaring, prepare business travel itineraries, and process expense and time reports.
- Provide administrative support to our Redwood, Los Angeles, and San Francisco offices.
- Anticipate needs, prioritize responsibilities, effectively handle calendar conflicts, and proactively manage schedule changes.
- Handle sensitive and urgent information from clients, exercise judgment in responding to unique and urgent situations, as well as in managing and reporting outstanding requests.
- Strategically and effectively coordinate with both internal and external constituents.
- Balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, urgency, political impacts, and other linkage. Assimilate unfamiliar issues rapidly, anticipate and resolve potential problems.
- Assist in managing and responding to emails and requests in a timely fashion.
- Provide support for internal and external events.
- Perform duties for receptionist/switchboard.
- Assist with office service tasks such as restocking supplies in kitchens, setting up and cleaning conference rooms, and other related duties as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree(s) preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ administrative assistance experience required; experience with a professional services firm strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint with capability to quickly learn and apply new technology.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail is critical
- Exhibit sound judgment and common sense while making decisions
- Ability to maintain composure and maintain an executive presence during high pressure situations by being resourceful, anticipating needs, prioritizing responsibilities, and proactively managing schedules while meeting deadlines and responding to urgent situations, as required
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to providing exceptional customer service possessing professional interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners' Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed. Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday. Must have ability to start work at 8:30 AM.
- Ability to travel to our San Francisco office on occasion, if needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.