Retail Enterprise Architect - Senior Vice President
Client Services - Digital London
What you’ll do
Our Digital team provides independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to drive value from Technology and as a result to improve business performance. Central to that expertise is the architecture which underpins any successful end-to-end Digital Transformation.
The depth of our team’s experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across:
- Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design
- Product strategy and innovation, assisting our clients with the strategy and execution of growing the digital capability of their products and services
- IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation
- Digital Transformation programme leadership, governance and non-IT stakeholder management
- IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, re-platforming, rationalisation and consolidation activities
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround
Globally, Retail is the largest industry sector in the firm and there is a clear intent to develop the EMEA Retail practice into a market leading position on the foundation of a growing Digital presence.
Senior Managers (Senior Vice Presidents in our structure) have high levels of responsibility and accountability in the successful delivery of projects and face off regularly with Board level stakeholders. They work collaboratively within the Digital community and with the wider AlixPartners organisation of business change professionals to ensure the delivery of all elements of client engagements. They will typically work across a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Lead or co-lead projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on Retail sector clients
- Lead or play a team role in ensuring quality delivery on the client engagements in situations with time critical improvement
- Provide architecture expertise across a range of high impact, high value projects, predominantly for Retail clients, including: Digital and Technology strategy, Product strategy and innovation, IT operating model, organisation & governance, IT cost reduction, IT strategic sourcing, enterprise programmes, turnaround of large scale “troubled” projects, operational due diligence, Company Separation (Carve-out) or integration (Merger) projects, IT complexity reduction, platforms/infrastructure consolidation
- Contribute to our Digital practice and Retail thought leadership development initiatives, taking ownership for areas of interest that can further develop the practice
- Lead and/or participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive consulting experience from either a blue-chip consultancy or a boutique with a strong focus on architecture
- Mix of blue-chip consulting and IT line management experience from a Retail organisation is of interest
- Deep and demonstrable expertise in enterprise architecture either as an in-house EA or as a consulting EA working with the business (to establish a new architecture capability or to supplement existing EA teams)
- Expertise in solution architecture with a broad experience of project delivery across multiple architectures (including infrastructure, varied applications, BI/data, security) all beneficial
- Experience in developing business-aligned IT architectures and IT strategies
- Knowledge of the associated governance, principles and standards also required.
- Experience of delivering small projects and working across multiple work streams of larger projects
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks
- Robust fact gathering, analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience of implementing projects across a number of different environments using different methodologies e.g waterfall, agile, iterative development
- Knowledge and experience of working with a variety of Technology platforms both in-house and packages, infrastructure and systems, key IT vendors for example but not limited to SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or Microsoft
- Knowledge (and ideally experience) of using TOGAF or Zachman
- Willingness to travel across EMEA
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional language skills desirable.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- You demonstrate a keen personal interest in disruptive digital technologies and their application within the Retail sector
- You are passionate about driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives
- Solutions focused; you possess strong commercial acumen coupled with a strategic awareness of the key issues facing Retailers in the current market
- You are highly motivated to develop your knowledge in a way that can improve the quality of our work
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace ambitious environment
- You thrive in business critical and urgent situations
- You have a highly collaborative approach, and can develop consensus from a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders
- You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail and produce clear and accurate written outputs
- You are a positive role model, developing yourself and others through coaching and informal feedback
- You are confident when collaborating with Board level clients and stakeholders, with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other characteristics, race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.