Performance Improvement, TMT
Client Services - Performance Improvement London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Our Performance Improvement teams work with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. The team helps our clients deliver significant improvement in business performance and enterprise value across the industries through six key areas: profit improvement; topline growth; operating model transformation; organisational effectiveness; digital enablement; and M&A.
The Technology, Media, and Telecom (TMT) practice is experiencing an exciting phase of growth during which you will be able to seize a unique opportunity to truly develop your long-term career objectives. Our structure is there to support the growth of seasoned entrepreneurs with either a specialist sub-sector or functional focus or indeed with the experience and credibility to advise on multiple facets covered by our TMT community.
Our clients are large, top tier telecom operators, multinational publishers, advertising agencies and broadcasters, leading global technology players, and a diverse range of start-up and software companies. We are also a preferred advisor to several of the leading Private Equity firms supporting them with accelerating value creation within their portfolio companies as well as on transaction related matters.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Extensive industry experience within Telco, Media or Technology sectors, ideally with experience of working across multiple disciplines.
- Track record of working in top-tier consultancy preferred.
- Specific delivery experience and project leadership in a range of business-critical topics:
- Step-change profit improvement
- Topline growth
- Operating model transformation
- Organisational effectiveness
- Digital enablement
- M&A and Value creation
- Demonstrable track record in achieving implementation-oriented, qualitative solutions in multiple workstreams.
- Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients.
- Willingness to build professional and personal growth by working in high-impact situations under time-pressure.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills along with strong financial literacy and modelling.
- Passion for TMT and a contributor to / participant in industry events / conferences.
- Experience working with c-suite stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and executive-level presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Master’s degree and / or an MBA, and evidence of a strong academic record preferred.
- A degree in Business, Finance or Engineering is preferable but not essential.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other characteristics, race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.