Industry Analyst - Technology, Media, Telecom
Client Services - Performance Improvement Argentina
Industry Analyst - Technology, Media, Telecom
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ TMT (Technology, Media, Telecom) industry team, you will work closely with senior practice leaders as well as the Business Intelligence Center team. Your role will include providing strategic support on special projects and helping to deliver excellent service to our TMT industries team and clients. You will help advise on critical pursuits and thought capital identify and gather relevant company, industry, and economic information to build novel perspectives. This position affords a path of growth in a small, expanding team creating a practice not currently existing in Argentina. The role is open to naturally evolve into a client facing consulting position.
In this role, you will…
- Conduct primary and secondary research using various proprietary and 3rd party research tools including Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva and Statista, and other publicly available information.
- Perform analysis using various data sets and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, situation and performance analysis and research.
- Create client-ready content and compelling presentation materials.
- Build intellectual capital and thought-provoking perspectives on how the TMT industry (and respective segments) is shifting
- Codify knowledge (such as fact packs and primers) and develop capabilities (including tools)
- Contribute to the innovation of firm knowledge and knowledge delivery
- Provide support to TMT Industry offering teams to support new business opportunity identification/screening, develop compelling analysis and point-of-views on relevant industry topics, support active engagements with TMT clients.
- Review connections to potential target clients and communicate results to consultants.
- Support in developing client presentations to pitch for new business opportunities.
- Proactive monitoring of industry trends and development of analysis and point-of-views, driving TMT industry specific marketing collaterals.
- Use creativity and innovation to generate insights on companies (web scrape, analytics, benchmarking, reports)
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference for business/financial and/or computer science concentrations; master’s degree is a plus
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a research role preferred, preferably in professional services or industry or Master's in Business Analytics.
- 2-4 years of related consulting experience in a professional services firm environment, preferred.
- 2-4 years in financial journalism or tech reporting
- Financial or economic knowledge in order to perform analysis with the information researched.
- Experience with and passion for one or more of the TMT (Technology, Media, Telecom) industry segments.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, positive and constructive mindset. Good verbal and written-communication skills. Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking and working with multiple stakeholders. Self-motivated with track record of meeting tight deadlines in time sensitive situations. Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of research work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent PPT, Excel, writing and research database skills are fundamental to success in this role.
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva and open sources are preferred.
- Bilingual - Spanish & English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Authorized to work in Argentina and travel freely internationally without restrictions or visa sponsorship.\Desire to actively engage in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work in an office and within a remote environment.
- Physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. You can learn more about our Culture and Career Development opportunities,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.