Corporate Finance Consultant
Client Services - Risk Advisory London
What you’ll do
An opportunity has become available for a Consultant (equivalent to Associate in banking/Big 4 terms) with excellent financial analysis and written communication skills to join our Corporate Finance team in London.
Over the course of the past 4 years, we have defined a clear pathway for consultants looking to build a career in Corporate Finance with no prior experience required. The role will at times be demanding, but with that will also come significant reward, and the ability to accelerate quickly.
You will be working on complex, time-sensitive engagements with very high stakes and with visibility to leadership from day one. Throughout our process, you will have the opportunity to speak to one of the several team members who joined the Transactions team via this channel, to understand how we support you in forging your career and tailor your learning to facilitate individualised progression.
Corporate Finance is a key part of our practice and provides a range of specialist services including business disposals, accelerated M&A, acquisition advisory, management buy outs, equity and debt fund raising and valuations.
The Corporate Finance team plays a key role in the firm’s sector initiatives and has particular expertise in the Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure, Consumer Products and Industrials sectors. Working with the firm’s broader client base, the corporate finance team advises on projects across all industries. The team provides advice to a range of stakeholders including corporates, management teams, private equity and hedge fund investors and lenders.
This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual who combines strong accounting and financial skills with sound commercial judgement. The ability to work effectively as part of a team, to deliver high quality written output to tight deadlines and to have the confidence to challenge views and make recommendations are key requisite skills.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Taking an active role in the execution of transactions.
- Assisting in the conduct of valuations of businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies such as comparable companies’ analysis, comparable transactions analysis and discounted cash flow.
- Reviewing and critically analysing financial information or projections and testing their veracity.
- Producing financial models.
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, management presentations and client reports.
- Supporting sector initiatives and other business development opportunities through conducting research and analysis.
- Assisting in Corporate Finance development projects, such as internal training and internal and external presentations.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- ACA or ACCA qualified with first time passes.
- Degree qualified (2.1 or above)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Previous Corporate Finance or due diligence experience is desirable but not essential.
- Possesses strong written and oral presentation skills, able to produce strong written outputs.
- Acquires and applies commercial and technical expertise.
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines whilst being involved in a portfolio of projects.
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of the risk management process.
- Focused on achieving success in individual and team projects and focused on self-development.
- Approachable and able to relate to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Is open-minded and agile with change
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.