Turnaround and Restructuring Services Associate
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring Chicago
This role is advertised as Associate level, however, will be known internally and externally as Vice President.
What you’ll do
Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their field, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients. TRS Associates join a team of AlixPartners professionals providing business, financial and strategic consulting advice to companies that are underperforming and/or highly leveraged. In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping clients effectively address their challenges and support organizational excellence in ‘high stakes’ situations.
The TRS Associate role is an experienced level position that supports a client engagement team(s). Strong analytical, 3-statement financial and cash flow modeling, and/or data extraction and management, writing and communication skills are required. Energetic, hardworking, creative and strong financial analysis and modeling skills are all characteristics of successful TRS Associates. Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel may be required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
In this vital role, you will join a highly recognized turnaround and restructuring team with state-of-the-art technology expertise, strong financial, accounting and operational backgrounds with significant restructuring experience.
Preferred locations are Dallas, Houston, or Chicago. Paid relocation is not available.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience is preferred in a professional services or consulting firm environment. Experience in the troubled company arena is desired but not required.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems & Decision Sciences (ISDS), or Management Information Systems (MIS) from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills. Solid understanding of financial statements and/or financial data management.
- Experience working on complex work streams and projects.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access is required.
- For information systems majors, experience with SQL is preferred.
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client’s needs.
- Experience supervising other professionals, preferred.
- Able to work independently. High energy style, flexible and adaptive, works well in a very fast paced environment.
- Advance written communication skills in English, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations.
- Articulately communicates information and adapts effectively to the audience in English. Delivers influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. Builds relationships with clients and peers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.