Turnaround and Restructuring Services Senior Vice President
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring Dallas
What you’ll do
Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their field, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients. TRS Senior Vice Presidents join a team of AlixPartners professionals providing business, financial and strategic consulting advice to companies that are underperforming and/or highly leveraged. In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping clients effectively address their challenges and support organizational excellence in ‘high stakes’ situations.
The TRS Senior Vice President role is an experienced level position that supports one or more client engagement teams. A TRS Senior VP will have direct restructuring advisory and/or distressed debt portfolios experience coupled with strong financial and analytical skills. In addition to strong data management, interpersonal, writing, and communication skills and executive presence, the TRS Senior VP is expected to have hands-on experience building / developing integrated 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models. Ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations and willingness to undertake extensive travel is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
Preferred location is Dallas, Houston or Chicago. Paid relocation is not available.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service or consulting firm environment. Or, an advanced degree with several years of additional experience.
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client’s needs.
- Understands objectives and integrates individual work stream(s) into multiple projects. Adjusts work stream goals to the broader context of the project. Leads small projects or multiple work streams of large projects.
- Experience supervising other professionals and acts as a positive role model and is seen as motivating to others. Gives clear direction to the team and executes projects according to established team norms, defined roles, and expectations; coaches and develops direct reports. Capitalizes on the strengths of each team member on projects.
- Makes decisions and advises the client using advanced understanding of the core drivers of a client’s business. Knows how to leverage expertise in a business context to be impactful.
- Uses a systematic approach to quickly and logically identify issues across situations. Examines issues thoroughly and holistically. Brings in the appropriate experts when needed.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills. Solid understanding of financial statements.
- Advanced written communication skills in English, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations. Articulately communicates information in English and adapts effectively to the audience. Delivers influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Builds relationships with clients and peers.
- Able to work independently. High energy style, flexible and adaptive, works well in a very fast paced environment.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Advanced degree(s) and applicable professional certification(s) are preferred.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer. screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.