Turnaround and Restructuring Services | Strategy and Business Development Consultant
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring New York
Within TRS, the Strategy and Business Development Group (SBDG, together TRS SBDG) conducts in-depth research to help identify new clients and to optimize and streamline new business development processes for AlixPartners. TRS SBDG is looking to hire a professional with 2 years of investment banking (or related) experience to directly support the Group’s Head.
In this vital role, you will join a highly recognized turnaround and restructuring team with excellent financial, accounting and operational backgrounds and significant restructuring experience. You will assist the Head of TRS SBDG to identify, research and analyze new business opportunities across sectors, globally; formulate and execute situation-specific pursuit strategies; develop and implement internal business processes and best practices; supervise and assist other team members staffed on interim assignments; and advance additional business development objectives established by the Group Head.
What you’ll do
- Assist with new business idea generation and independently analyze target companies from a quantitative and qualitative perspective
- Model cash flows, credit metrics and balance sheet in a manner that provides for multiple scenarios and sensitivity analysis of potential outcomes
- Review credit instruments for key covenants and other provisions impacting a diverse set of situations
- Synthesize results of analyses into well-organized reports suitable for potential clients, senior-level internal consumption, and external lead-sources
- Develop and prepare poignant, professional PowerPoint presentations setting out results of analyses, describing potential industry opportunities, and marketing the firm’s services to potential clients and lead referral sources
- Liaise and partner with various industry-specific teams internally to help construct and enhance their understanding and perspectives on individual opportunities
- Maintain and advance credit-screening analytics that provide early warning signals of situations that currently are or could develop into new business opportunities for the firm
- Develop Excel and PowerPoint templates and assist in developing and implementing business processes and best practices
- Participate in formulation and execution of strategic initiatives of the TRS practice, globally.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a business or quantitative field of study, advanced degree preferred
- Well-developed financial modeling skills, including credit analysis, forecasting, and fundamental valuation with demonstrated best practices for format and model architecture (ie: modelling skills equivalent to 2 years as an investment banking analyst)
- Experience creating polished, professional PowerPoint presentations, laying out contents of the presentation, editing or revising pages with a professional, marketing-oriented/client facing result
- Able to work independently, as well as being a team-player. High energy style, flexible and adaptive, works well in a very fast paced environment with sharp attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills in English, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent Bloomberg, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
The city of New York requires AlixPartners to include a salary range for this role. The salary range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York office and takes into account a number of factors. The range for this role is between $75,000 - $150,000 with potential eligibility for annual discretionary bonus.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.