Turnaround & Restructuring Services Vice President
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honouring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
We are in an increasingly busy restructuring market and our Turnaround & Restructuring Services practice has ambitious growth plans - this has created opportunities for individuals from a range of backgrounds. Composed of the most respected financial restructuring professionals in the industry, AlixPartners is widely recognised for its long and successful record in helping its clients resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change. We have deep expertise across the entire turnaround lifecycle, with our three main service offerings being:
Debtor Advisory: Working closely with management teams to quickly stabilise crisis situations, protect their position and that of other investors, and deliver optimal outcomes. Our hands-on approach addresses challenges quickly - allowing us to turn around companies who are facing financial and operational challenges through a range of levers that support short-term and long-term ambitions and outcomes for organisations.
Creditor Advisory: We rapidly assess situations, working closely with creditors on strategies to protect their position and deliver optimal outcomes in the most stressed and distressed situations. We have a breadth of knowledge dealing with cash, liquidity, strategy, refinancing and negotiation situations, getting to solutions fast, and implementing solutions through experience.
Contingency Planning & Insolvency: We work closely with clients to preserve value by implementing solutions using formal UK and international restructuring tools and most importantly, our practical expertise. We excel in complex distressed situations, often involving multiple jurisdictions and diverse stakeholder groups.
We now have multiple opportunities in London for VPs who have experience working for clients in one of more of the above areas. Whilst we expect our VPs to contribute to projects in each of the above areas, it is possible to specialise as your career progresses.
We are looking for smart, pragmatic and results-focused individuals, who can operate on a range of UK based as well as international engagements. We are keen to attract people who can contribute to AlixPartners’ enviable reputation for driving positive change for the immediate and long-term success of our clients. VPs are involved in a range of engagements supporting the project team in dealing with clients in a ‘hands-on’, professional and energetic manner. They collaborate with colleagues across the world as well as engage with, and promote, the firm’s broader capabilities.
Background & qualifications
- Relevant and hands-on project management experience in restructuring gained in consulting, private equity, banking or industry.
- University degree or relevant school-leaver-programme experience, ideally as well as a post graduate qualification (eg ACA/ACCA)
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following situations is essential:
- Financial turnaround programmes
- Cash and working capital management
- Building, reviewing and maintaining short term cash flow models
- Formulating, reviewing and analysing business plans and financial forecasts
- Supporting Chief Restructuring Officer roles
- Balance sheet restructurings
- Options analysis
- Contingency planning
- Schemes of Arrangements / Restructuring Plans
- Trading Administrations
- Insolvency case management and progression
- Independent business reviews
- Distressed sales
- Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs)
Skills & competencies
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills with a solid understanding of financial statements.
- A track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client needs.
- Experience of supervising other professionals, acting as a positive role model and able to motivate others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: giving clear direction to the team; executing projects according to established team norms, defining roles, and expectations; coaching and developing direct reports; and capitalising on the strengths of each team member on projects.
- Use of a systematic approach to quickly and logically identify key issues and examining those issues thoroughly and holistically in order to formulate appropriate solutions.
- Advanced written communication skills, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations.
- Articulate communication of information, with audience-appropriate adaption.
- Delivery of influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and peers.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with the high-energy, flexibility and adaptability required to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional language skills are desirable.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit programme.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.