Performance Improvement Director
Client Services - Performance Improvement United States
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Are you looking for a future that exceeds your expectations? AlixPartners, a leading global consulting firm, is searching for a Director who is passionate about delivering high value, complex opportunities. Our advisory/consulting organization is distinctive - we offer our consulting professionals the opportunity to work on situations that are literally on the front page of the Wall Street Journal, as well as at the top of Board Room agendas. We work for owners, boards and CEOs and they hire AlixPartners to assist on solving their most complex, highest value opportunities.
Our practice works with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, using their skills and experience to build measurable, better outcomes for our clients. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for leading projects and client engagements, analyzing corporate performance, driving cost reductions, revenue growth and profitability improvement in your industry or functional area(s) of expertise in ‘high stakes’ situations. In this leadership role, you will work with others and be instrumental in developing and building a business in your area(s) of expertise. To be successful, you are commercially savvy, with a passion for and track record of business development contributions in a professional services environment. As part of our collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to achieve exceptional results in our high energy environment, with continuous opportunities to pursue your professional development, career interests and growth aspirations.
This is a full time Performance Improvement Director position. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 15+ years of business experience or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related consulting experience in a professional services Firm environment preferred.
- Recognized for deep skills and passion as a specialist in specific industries/service(s) area(s) (e.g., any combination of industry or service areas such as; supply chain, profitability, logistics, procurement, revenue growth, retail, manufacturing, consumer, process industries, aerospace, high tech, business services, restaurant, automotive, private equity, financial services, life sciences, etc.)
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements to desired results, delivering hard dollar savings meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations. Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating and inspiring change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Master negotiator, proficient with complex/sophisticated negotiations
- Views problems from the ‘big picture POV’, recognizing critical areas to drive into more detail. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Synthesizes information rapidly and applies good business discernment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Creative with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Effectively plans for and actively mitigates risks on projects and workstreams.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest. In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients. Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Excellent at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Extraordinary customer service and interpersonal skills. Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning and scaling data modeling & management approach with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or foreign equivalent. Master’s degree and/or certification in related specialty area(s) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy including vacation/personal time starting at 5.67 hours per pay period, sick time up to 80 hours annually, parental leave and twelve holidays.
The salary range for this role takes into account a number of factors and is between $180,000 - $400,000 with potential eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.