Performance Improvement, Financial Services
Client Services - Performance Improvement London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Our Financial Services team works with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. An important part of this work comes from our strong relationships with Private Equity clients and their interests in Financial Services investments, either new money or improving the performance of portfolio companies.
We help clients deliver significant improvement in business performance and enterprise value across all aspects of Financial Services in the following key areas: revenue growth, profit improvement, cost transformation, cash management, digital enablement, organisational effectiveness, M&A/carve out/integration, risk/compliance/governance/controls/regulatory interface.
With complex regulatory requirements, costly and outdated IT structures, the emergence of new risk and digital innovations there is increased pressure on companies in the financial services sector. Retail or investment banking, asset management or insurance, all being forced to rethink their business models or even completely reinvent themselves.
At AlixPartners we support financial service providers of all segments in facing the complexity and challenges of transformation, thus clearing the way for profitable, future-oriented growth.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Extensive and relevant experience with a mix of consulting and industry within Financial Services.
- Specific delivery experience and project leadership in operational improvement at whole entity level or in business lines and major support functions including Risk, Operations, Compliance and Finance, including but not limited to:
- Performance improvement.
- Organisation transformation/ simplification.
- Cost and value optimisation.
- M&A, due diligence, integration, divestiture/ carve out.
- Direct and indirect procurement.
- Product to market organisational effectiveness.
- Demonstrable track record in achieving implementation oriented, quantitatively based solutions in multiple workstreams.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills along with strong financial literacy and modelling.
- Passion for Financial Services and a contributor to / participant in industry events / conferences.
- Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients.
- Willingness to build professional and personal growth by working in high-impact situations under time-pressure.
- Is open-minded and agile with change.
- Excellent relationship management with senior stakeholders while achieving results.
- Excellent written, verbal, organisational, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Master’s degree and / or an MBA, and evidence of a strong academic record.
- A degree in Business, Finance or Engineering is preferable but not essential.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.