Performance Improvement/Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity
Client Services - Performance Improvement London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Our Performance Improvement (PI) and M&A teams work together with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact transaction and portfolio situations. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for leading clients through the deal life-cycle from the pre-deal diligence phases – where you will be responsible for analyzing corporate performance - through to post deal value creation, where you will driving value creation through revenue growth, cost reductions and profitability improvements for your client in ‘high stakes’ acquisition and divestment scenarios.
Our structure is there to support the growth of seasoned entrepreneurs with either a specialist sub-sector or functional focus or indeed with the experience and credibility to advise on multiple facets covered by our Private Equity community.
We are a preferred advisor to several of the leading private equity firms; supporting them on pre and post deal work, accelerating value creation within their portfolio companies as well as supporting them on transaction related matters.
The Private Equity practice is experiencing an unparalleled phase of growth during which you will be able to seize a unique opportunity to truly develop your long-term career objectives. We are seeking new colleagues who can work with our clients with a key focus on pre-deal operational due diligence and strategy reviews, post deal transformation and change implementation, carve-out, post-merger integration and value creation projects.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Extensive and relevant experience in pre-deal (operational due diligence, synergy identification, carve-out planning) and post-deal scenarios (integration/ carve-out planning and implementation) across a range of clients
- Experience of managing Private Equity accounts
- Specific experience and project leadership in a range of business-critical topics' such as performance improvement, operating model design, M&A, working capital management and top-line growth
- Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to Senior stakeholders and clients
- Willingness to build professional and personal growth by working in high-impact situations under time-pressure
- Experience in a consulting environment
- True passion for achieving ambitious results
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skill
- Financial Literacy and Modelling
- Programming skills nice to have
- Excellent relationship management with stakeholders while achieving results
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and executive-level presentation skills
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Master’s degree and / or an MBA, and evidence of a strong academic record. A degree in Business, Finance or Engineering is preferable but not essential
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other characteristics, race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.