Performance Improvement, Retail
Client Services - Performance Improvement London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Our Retail Performance Improvement (PI) team works with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations.
The Retail PI team help clients deliver significant improvement in business performance and enterprise value across all subsectors within the retail industry through five key areas: revenue growth, profit improvement, cash management, digital enablement, and organizational effectiveness.
This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team that are servicing clients in a dynamic and challenging market. We help our clients adapt and thrive during a period of immense pressure in the industry. From day one, you will get a chance to deliver real impact and work with clients when it really matters.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Extensive and relevant experience preferably with a mix of consulting and industry within the retail sector.
- Specific delivery experience and project leadership in operational improvement including but not limited to:
- Revenue and growth programmes.
- Category management and sourcing.
- Indirect procurement & SG&A cost reduction.
- Organizational effectiveness.
- Store network and store operations.
- Omnichannel, digital transformation.
- End to end supply chain transformation & distribution footprint optimization.
- Demonstrable track record in achieving implementation oriented, qualitative solutions in multiple workstreams.
- Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients.
- Willingness to build professional and personal growth by working in high-impact situations under time-pressure.
- True passion for achieving ambitious results.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills along with strong financial literacy and modelling.
- Passion for retail and a contributor to / participant in industry events / conferences.
- Excellent relationship management with c-suite stakeholders while achieving results.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and executive-level presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
- Master’s degree and / or an MBA, and evidence of a strong academic record.
- A degree in Business, Finance or Engineering is preferable but not essential.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other characteristics, race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.