Engagement Accounting Analyst | London
Corporate Services - Finance London
What you’ll do
In this important role in AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Accounting team, you will be a business partner to the client engagement teams and the finance function to ensure efficient and effective working capital management. Your primary responsibilities will involve work in progress and accounts receivables management, including efficient and accurate client invoicing and accounting in accordance with firm policies and promoting timely cash collection.
The Engagement Accounting Analyst position is a full-time role located in London, and reports to the Engagement Accounting Manager.
- Monitor work in process on engagements and work effectively with engagement teams to prepare and issue client invoices in a timely manner according to the client contract invoicing terms.
- Stay apprised of client contracts, including addendums and extensions, and their impact on client invoicing and working capital management.
- Perform time and expense fee adjustments, write-offs, transfers, and/or application of advances and retainers in accordance with established engagement team review and approval procedures.
- Proactively communicate issues and concerns around accounts receivable and work in process to management team and engagement teams to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and cash collection.
- Exercise judgment in responding to unique and urgent situations; including time sensitive, nonstandard, and/or complex matters.
- Demonstrate positive people attributes. Be a supportive team member and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues and contribute towards advancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire order to cash value stream; including client engagement and contract review, invoicing, revenue recognition, and cash application.
- Assist in executing improvements to working capital management processes and adopt enhancements to tools and methods.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Relevant accounting/finance experience preferred, ideally in a consulting or professional services firm.
- Flexible and responsive work style; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines with poise and professionalism.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills from both a business and technical perspective with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent team skills and customer service attitude.
- High attention to detail with proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; able to learn new systems and tools.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit programme.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.