Business Intelligence - Private Equity Research Specialist
Corporate Services - Business Intelligence London
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honouring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
The Business Intelligence Center supports AlixPartners’ global business development efforts. The team delivers intelligent research, identifies new potential business opportunities, supports pitches, analyses market trends and tracks competitor activity.
We are looking to grow our team with a permanent Private Equity Research Specialist. You will work closely with senior Private Equity practice leaders, providing strategic support on business development, deal pipeline management and key account management.
We are seeking candidates who have experience in providing business research and a sound understanding of the private equity market, its key players, and deal activity. The role is located in London and will report into a Director leading the Business Intelligence Private Equity Research service provision.
Your research role will be focused on both general research as well as creating and managing internal business development content. Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Maintenance of the quarterly AlixPartners dealbook
- Account management support, including creation of private equity account profiles, tracking of activity and engagement with account teams.
- Developing of asset point of views. Financial and operational analysis of target companies and building insights into value creation areas.
- Provide pitch support to the Private Equity consulting team; support them in creating client-ready presentations and the full suite of pitch material
- Conduct research and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, company performance analysis and research.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Professional experience in a market research or consulting role required
- Masters degree with a preference for business or financial based subjects
- Sound judgement, common sense, problem-solving ability
- Committed to the success of the team, ability to cooperate with others and work across boundaries to engage with colleagues to get things done
- Curious and able to find creative and practical solutions, desire to innovate and improve status quo for betterment of global BIC team
- Flexible and versatile. Ability to shift directions, work with all levels and handle all activities, issues, and problems
- Adapt at multi-tasking within a high expectation and fast-paced environment
- Assure the quality and timely completion and delivery of projects including prioritizing projects during peak activity times
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong grasp of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with popular market data tools (Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Refinitiv, Factiva)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organisation
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.