Business Marketing Director– Risk Advisory
Corporate Services - Marketing New York
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone. www.alixpartners.com
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person at an AlixPartners office and remote working.
What you’ll do
In this key role within the AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will develop and deliver marketing activities for the firm’s world leading Risk Advisory practice. We are looking for an accomplished, credible, and passionate marketing professional to deliver targeted, tailored, and sophisticated marketing, contact and profile-raising campaigns globally. Building strong relationships with senior AlixPartners consultants and an existing understanding of the risk advisory market is essential.
The Business Marketing Director is a full-time role located in New York, NY and reports to the Head of Business Marketing & Media Relations with significant interaction with the practice’s global leadership team.
- Strategize with Risk Advisory global leadership to recommend, construct, and deliver marketing activities which reflect the practice’s focus on both channels based (predominantly legal) and corporate opportunities.
- Identify and deliver the correct blend of emphasis on promoting practice area (core technical disciplines), people (individual SMEs) and product (specific solution offerings) within the overall marketing agenda.
- Manage and maintain a core population targeting to program which reflects the above.
- Identify/maintain an appropriate range of sponsorship and affiliation relationships aligned to practice priorities.
- Work in concert with media relations and digital teams to develop profile-raising opportunities for key individuals via traditional and social channels.
- Amplify Risk practitioners’ expertise in key technical and industry areas using experiences, successes, and case studies as promotion tools where applicable.
- Provide strategic input to the firm’s corporate marketing team, identifying opportunities to amplify the Risk Advisory team’s position within the Firm’s wider Disruption and Transformation marketing agenda.
- Operate cross border to ensure global and local priorities/activities are clearly understood, consistent and visible.
- Operate alongside events teams and executive assistants as required to deliver outstanding quality client events – physical and online.
- Work regularly with Risk practice’s Operations head to ensure timely, accurate and impactful reporting and measurement to Risk practice senior leadership.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum ten (10) years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working within either a large-scale corporate law firm or within a similar practice within a provider of risk advisory services.
- Direct experience of targeting and maintaining relationships within the legal community including referring/instructing attorneys and corporate Counsel is essential.
- Prior experience of selling/promoting relevant Risk Advisory services – core service areas are Litigation/Arbitration Support, Valuation, Economic Consulting, Investigations & Compliance, Transactions Advisory highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills including managing multiple complex agenda concurrently.
- Experience of directing and developing junior supporting marketing resource
- A demonstrable track record of building relationships with and influencing senior stakeholders in a dynamic and intellectually driven environment.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Able to blend strategic thought and counsel with practical action and measurable results.
- Proactive and responsive; able to juggle multiple large and complex projects under time pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and be accountable for results.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take the initiative to identify opportunities.
- High ethical, moral, and professional standards.
- Thrives on change and the need to self-develop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
The city of New York requires AlixPartners to include a salary range for this role. The salary range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York Office and takes into account a number of factors. The range for this role is between $175,000 - $265,000 with potential eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.