Investigations, Compliance & Privacy Senior Vice President
Client Services - Risk Advisory Chicago
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the team supporting our Investigations, Compliance & Privacy practice within Risk Advisory. Our Investigations, Compliance & Privacy practice applies accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues. We work closely with AlixPartners’ experts to address complex issues in financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation and corruption.
You will work on assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”). You may also work on reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities law. Your work will involve a wide range of activities, such as:
- Research and analyze factors including performing detailed financial analysis affecting litigation damages or valuation, including gaining an understanding of the industry or market at issue.
- Develop and assess projections and forecasts.
- Create financial models incorporating valuation theory, such as the development of discounted cash flow (DCF) models.
- Analyze financial transactions for possible fraud and compliance with GAAP or IFRS.
- Review audit working papers for compliance with professional standards.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form, including drafting expert reports and presentations to clients.
- Create and manage large data sets, including applying a data driven approach.
- Apply statistical analysis.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Perform quality control review over work product.
- Organize documents and work papers, including preparation of supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, or related; Master’s is desirable.
- Minimum of eight years' of work experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred.
- Pursuit of additional professional certifications such as a Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Fraud Examiner is viewed favorably.
- Well-developed analytical abilities.
- Ability to prepare, or ability to learn to prepare, financial models and cash flow analyses.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy.
The salary range for this role takes into account a number of factors and is between $100,000 - $150,000.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.