eDiscovery & Data Forensics Vice President, Project Management
Client Services - Risk Advisory Dallas
What you’ll do
Companies today are generating and storing vast amounts of data. To resolve litigation and investigations, they need the right technology and a sensible strategy from an analytics partner to execute an efficient, defensible, and comprehensive plan for data collection and analysis. They need to know what the data means to resolve what happened. Our teams of discovery and litigation analytics experts have extensive experience with data collection and preservation, forensics, processing, early case assessment, hosted and managed review, custom data analytics, and technology-assisted review. Our production and project management support capabilities, along with our expert analysis and testimony, produce sharp insights and credible results in urgent situations.
The Vice President is a Project Management role located in either New York, Dallas, Chicago or Washington DC.
- Establish and implement protocols for the e-discovery life cycle, which include internal standards and best practices for preservation and collection of electronic evidence
- Find, compile, organize, categorize, and verify case-critical data quickly across the full life cycle of the eDiscovery process – preservation, collection, processing, review and production
- Master a range of industry standard software tools to perform custom solutions to client requirements
- Identify and address client needs, actively participate in client discussions and meetings
- Advise clients on data collection on large scale litigation cases, including document retention and chain-of-custody procedures
- Create and manage large data sets
- Use a problem-solving approach to overcome unexpected technical and operational challenges
- Ensure clients’ electronic files are easily accessible for potential litigation
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in both written and oral form including drafting reports and presentations to clients
- Perform quality control review over work product
- Train other professional staff
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree required; area of study in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related preferred
- 3 - 6 years of professional or consulting experience in eDiscovery preferred
- Strong project management skills including the ability to balance multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, prepare detailed documentation, and meet deadlines
- Preferred working experience with any of the following products or tools: EnCase, Cellebrite, BlackBag, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes/Domino.
- Mastery-level experience with Relativity, Brainspace, and MDM. Certifications in any of these platforms is a strong plus.
- Experience working on litigation matters and regulatory and corporate investigations alongside legal teams
- Ability to engage technically while also bringing commercial acumen and client-facing confidence
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.