Client Services - Digital Argentina
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
Are you passionate about a future that exceeds your expectations? Here, at AlixPartners your passion becomes your career. We work in smaller and more senior teams that bring deep industry and functional knowledge to our clients. You will sit shoulder-to-shoulder with owners, boards, and CEOs to address the issues that sit at the top of their agendas - and often become front-page news.
If you join our practice, you will work with financially secure, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our elite professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, bringing to bear their skills and experience to craft measurable, improved outcomes for our clients.
In this role, you will have the chance to create ETL workflows, scripts, statistical models, and visualizations while taking responsibility for the design, build, test, execution, and support of the data migration, cleansing, wrangling, etc. The ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of the underlying data and data structures of multiple systems to allow in depth analysis of existing and potential data insights.
We are open to hire different seniority levels, apply to learn more!
Within our teams, you could be doing:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Execute machine learning projects using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Collect data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases -Microsoft, Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, etc.-, Access, Excel, plain or formatted text files, OLAP cubes –Microsoft, Oracle-, and no-SQL databases.
- Parse data out of poorly structured XML and invalid HTML documents
- Use regular expressions to extract information from un-structured text documents
- Deal with missing data through multiple-imputation or the use of advanced models
- Implement automated data ingestion and transformation processes.
- Build effective, reliable, and robust ETL processes that govern the data ingestion flow.
- Design database models, consistent table structures, and advanced dimensional schemas that carry out data quality and consistency standards.
- Apply modeling approaches, business intelligence patterns, and data management techniques.
- Review and analyze legacy code/scripts to understand data processing logic and business rules.
- Apply statistical learning toolsets to build predictive models that enrich, expand, and allow a deeper understanding of data analyses and solutions.
- Use interactive data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI to present results in a compelling manner.
- Tell a convincing story to C-level executives using visual charts and dashboards
- Present complicated technical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders, building relationships, influencing, and providing advice to key decision-makers.
- Prepare client-ready documents and compelling presentation materials.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field
- Data-oriented personality
- More than 1 year of related experience.
- Familiarity with at least one ETL tool (such as Alteryx, KNIME, SSIS, Pentaho, or DataStage).
- Comfort with big data architectures, both on cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/others and on-premise.
- SQL skills, such as CTEs and windows functions, to work with extensive amounts of data at various aggregation levels.
- Ability to apply statistical learning languages to build predictive models that enrich, expand, and allow deeper understanding of data analyses and solutions.
- Distributed systems knowledge, specially of HDFS and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English). Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Ability to synthesize the requests received from team members at client sites.
- Capability to be a creative, innovative problem solver —but using simple ideas
- Motivated to discover and learn new analytical techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work
- Authorized to work in applicable country and travel freely internationally without restrictions or visa sponsorship
- Desire to actively engage in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and travel if necessary, to meet client demands
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.