Turnaround and Restructuring Creditor Advisory Services Director
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring New York
Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their field, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients. TRS Directors join a team of AlixPartners professionals providing business, financial and strategic consulting advice to companies that are underperforming and/or highly leveraged. In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping clients effectively address their challenges and support organizational excellence in ‘high stakes’ situations.
The Creditor Advisory Services function draws upon our operational and financial expertise to advise creditor groups on the development and implementation of strategies to deliver optimum outcomes from financially distressed situations. In this vital role, you will join a highly recognized creditor team comprised of professionals with investment banking, accounting and operational consulting backgrounds that have advised companies and creditors on more than 100 restructurings across a variety of industries.
The Creditor Advisory Services team act as financial advisor to:
- Official creditor committees
- Secured creditors
- Bondholders and bond trustees
- Governmental entities
- Labor constituencies
Preferred location is New York City. Paid relocation is not available.
What you’ll do
The TRS Director role is an experienced senior level position that leads and manages client engagement teams and assists Managing Directors in the pursuit of new business and development of client relationships. For this role you will have direct restructuring advisory and unsecured creditor experience with leading consulting, investment banking or law firms. TRS Directors have strong financial and analytical skills and are able to distill financial diligence and analysis into strategic advice. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills and executive presence is essential with the ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging situations. Ability and willingness to undertake travel on occasion is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
Activities you will be involved in whilst working in Creditor Advisory Services include:
- Evaluating company strategy and viability, business plan feasibility, and management capabilities
- Developing recovery strategies and negotiating with other stakeholders
- Performing valuations of enterprises or subsidiaries, using market-driven data and transactions
- Investigating accounting and financial reporting, and supporting related litigation including preferences, fraudulent transfers, or other causes of action
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 8-12 years of relevant Chapter 11 bankruptcy and restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service firm environment, including of assignments on behalf of companies, lenders and creditors.
- Prior hands-on experience building / developing / overseeing integrated 3-statement financial and 13-week cash flow models.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, scaling, and assessing data. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled at quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, patterns and conclusions.
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements that achieved desired results, often times exceeding client expectations.
- Experience with development and maintenance of client relationships and pursuit of new engagements, including client outreach and development of pitch materials
- Strong commercial instincts and interest.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understanding and the ability to adapt to complex client environments and situations.
- Experience negotiating in complex situations involving senior level stakeholders.
- Able to develop credible recommendations under shortened time constraints and imperfect information.
- A ‘big picture point of view’, recognizing critical areas requiring analysis and review. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Experience synthesizing complex unstructured information rapidly and applies good business judgment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Experience delivering innovative solutions with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of effectively planning for and proactively mitigates risks on projects and work streams.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills in English, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance.
- Engenders client confidence and trust and builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Effective mentor to team members with an interest in their career progression.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification, including MBA, JD or CPA, is preferred.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy.
The city of New York requires AlixPartners to include a salary range for this role. The salary range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York Office and takes into account a number of factors. The range for this role is between $180,000/year - $400,000/year with potential eligibility for annual discretionary bonus.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.