eDiscovery & Data Forensics - Project Management
Client Services - Risk Advisory Buenos Aires
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel could be a part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
Companies today are generating and storing vast amounts of data. To resolve litigation and investigations, they need the right technology and a sensible strategy from an analytics partner to execute an efficient, defensible, and comprehensive plan for data collection and analysis. They need to know what the data means to resolve what happened. Our teams of discovery and litigation analytics experts have extensive experience with data collection and preservation, forensics, processing, early case assessment, hosted and managed review, custom data analytics, and technology-assisted review. Our production and project management support capabilities, along with our expert analysis and testimony, produce sharp insights and credible results in urgent situations.
The eDiscovery and Data Forensics role is located in Buenos Aires.
- Establish and implement protocols for the e-discovery life cycle, which include internal standards and best practices for preservation and collection of electronic evidence
- Find, compile, organize, categorize, and verify case-critical data quickly across the full life cycle of the eDiscovery process – preservation, collection, processing, review and production
- Master a range of industry standard software tools to perform custom solutions to client requirements
- Identify and address client needs, actively participate in client discussions and meetings
- Advise clients on data collection on large scale litigation cases, including document retention and chain-of-custody procedures
- Create and manage large data sets
- Use a problem-solving approach to overcome unexpected technical and operational challenges
- Ensure clients’ electronic files are easily accessible for potential litigation
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in both written and oral form including drafting reports and presentations to clients
- Perform quality control review over work product
- Train other professional staff
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of eight years of professional or consulting experience in eDiscovery preferred.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to balance multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, prepare detailed documentation, and meet deadlines.
- Preferred working experience with any of the following products or tools: EnCase, Cellebrite, BlackBag, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes/Domino.
- Mastery-level experience with Relativity, Brainspace, and MDM. Certifications in any of these platforms is a strong plus.
- Experience working on litigation matters and regulatory and corporate investigations alongside legal teams.
- Ability to engage technically while also bringing commercial acumen and client-facing confidence.
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual - Spanish & English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Authorized to work in Argentina and travel freely internationally without restrictions or visa sponsorship.
- Desire to actively engage in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work in an office and within a remote environment.
- Physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
This position affords a path of growth in a small, expanding team creating a practice not currently existing in Argentina.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.