Legal and Compliance Analyst – Client Due Diligence and KYC
Corporate Services - Legal Manchester
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person (at client site or AlixPartners office) and remote working. Travel is part of this position, but the frequency may vary based on client, team, and individual circumstances.
What you’ll do
The EMEA Legal, Compliance and Risk team requires a dedicated KYC/CDD Analyst to support the initial Know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Due Diligence (CDD) assessments for new and existing clients.
Based in Manchester or London, the individual will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery and administration of KYC and CDD screening, reporting results to appropriate Legal, Compliance and Risk Team members. As well as working closely with key stakeholders.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Perform initial screening using onboarding, screening and monitoring software to identify risks (sanctions, adverse news, politically exposed persons) for new and existing clients in compliance with CDD/KYC procedure
- Ensure, in coordination with Legal, Compliance, and Risk team members, all relevant CDD/KYC documentation is obtained in compliance with CDD/KYC procedures
- Liaise with engagement teams to obtain and validate correct documentation
- Review completed documentation from clients and, if required, escalate as appropriate for sign-off in compliance with CDD/KYC procedures
- Escalate complex high-risk cases in accordance with CDD/KYC procedures
- Communicate with key stakeholders with regards to new and existing clients including; Finance and Legal, Compliance, and Risk groups
- Effectively manage data ensuring compliance regulations are adhered to
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability for developing and initiating new ideas on a timely and accurate basis
- Ability to prioritise and work in a structured and ordered manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; self-motivated
- Overall strength of character with the ability to operate at all levels of the business coupled with the business acumen and sound commercial judgment to build credible relationships
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines through organisational and planning abilities
- Enthusiastic approach to work with a drive to create and evolve with changing processes.
What you'll need
- ACAMS, ICA or other globally recognized KYC/CDD certification(s) preferred
- Proven track record in working within a Client Onboarding Team
- Experience gained within a professional services firm
- Experience using a KYC/CDD software
- Knowledge of corporate governance, global sanctions, ownership information and industry risks
- Strong knowledge of AML laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Experience managing and reviewing identification documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT proficient (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.K. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organisation
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, pension, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.