AlixPartners appoints energy executive to Turnaround and Restructuring team
(September 27, 2016) – AlixPartners, the global business advisory firm, today announces the appointment of David Hindman as a new Managing Director in the Turnaround and Restructuring team based in the firm's new Houston office. In this role, David will work closely with clients in the energy sector facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges, to restore performance and create value. He brings over 15 years' transformation and turnaround experience to the role, in addition to extensive energy industry expertise.
David joins AlixPartners from Direct Energy, a subsidiary of Centrica plc, where he led successful turnarounds of two of the company's largest divisions. Prior to this role, he was a leader in the Corporate Finance and Energy practices at McKinsey and before that a Restructuring Adviser at UBS Warburg, LLC.
AlixPartners opened its Houston earlier this month to further support the firm's clients in the region.
Simon Freakley, Chief Executive Officer at AlixPartners, said: "David has a considerable breadth of experience, both in consulting and the energy sector, and we're delighted to welcome him to the team. AlixPartners is widely recognized for its expertise and strong record in working with companies to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable results. David's appointment further enhances our unique offering and deepens the expertise of our Houston based team."
Notes to editors:
- Joined AlixPartners, Managing Director, 2016; Houston, TX, U.S.
- Direct Energy (subsidiary of Centrica) 2010-2015; Houston, TX, U.S.
- VP and General Manager, US Residential (2014-2015);
- VP and Head of Texas Wholesale and North American Retail Supply (2010-2013).
- McKinsey & Company, Leader in the Corporate Finance and Energy practices, 2003-2010 and 1998-2000, Houston and Dallas, TX, U.S.
- UBS Warburg LLC, Restructuring Adviser, 2002; New York, NY, U.S.
- Thayer Capital Partners, Private Equity Associate, 2000-2001; Washington, DC, U.S.
- Masters of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering and B.A. Economics, Rice University.
In today's fast-paced global market timing is everything. You want to protect, grow or transform your business. To meet these challenges we offer clients small teams of highly qualified experts with profound sector and operational insight. Our clients include corporate boards and management, law firms, investment banks, investors and others who appreciate the candor, dedication and transformative expertise of our teams. We will ensure insight drives action at that exact moment that is critical for success. When it really matters.