We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes.
We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of where you reside. AlixPartners and its subsidiaries have entered into an Intragroup Agreements permitting the transfer of this data. These agreements govern the collection, storage, use, retention, transfer and other processing of personal information transferred from those locations to the U.S.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, AlixPartners LLP acts as a Data Controller or Business over your personal information, determining both the purpose for which, and the means by which, the data is processed.
AlixPartners will lawfully process your personal information, taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, by virtue of our legitimate interests in seeking to develop and maintain relationships within our industry and the sectors in which our clients operate.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information in the course of our business activities, including when performing services for our clients.
Where we collect information:
- When you apply for a job with AlixPartners
- When you complete a form on AlixPartners website
- When visiting AlixPartners website after enabling cookies
- From our clients
- From third parties such as data brokers, publicly available websites, or data aggregators when performing services for our clients
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not intentionally request or collect any sensitive personal information without your advanced notice and consent (where required), as defined in applicable local law.
Personal information we collect:
- Personal information: your name
- Contact information: your address, email address, telephone number
- Social media information: demographic, professional and other information that is publicly available online, including information you choose to make public through social media platforms and other public online forums.
- Career information: current and past employer
- Education information
- Cookies: When you access the website, a session cookie (a small data file stored on your computer’s hard drive or browser) may be saved on your computer. We may use the cookies to find out which sites visitors access and how much time they spend there. This information could help us to determine the website’s most popular sections. This website platform has been designed for using cookies so that the deactivation of the cookie function may reduce the website’s usability. We do not use the information from cookies in our website applications.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We collect, process and use your personal information for different purposes, which include the following:
- inform you about our services or offers;
- address the purpose for which you have submitted your personal information to us;
- improve our marketing and advertising activities, as well as to improve the contents and services offered on the website;
- gain a better understanding of your needs and to enhance our products and services for you; and
- make decisions about positions if you have supplied personal information to us as part of a job application.
- inform you about some of the AlixPartners’ developments
- share with you opinions or subjects that may be of interest to you
- invite you to events
- provide services to our clients
Whom do we share this information with?
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
- We process your personal information as described above based on the following legal bases, where applicable: if the transmission of your personal information is reasonably necessary in order to achieve the purposes outlined in the section titled, “What do we do with the personal information we collect”;
- if the transmission of your personal information to subcontractors or to our consultants is required to fulfill a contract which you entered into with us;
- if the transmission of your personal information is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests and is proportionate bearing in mind your interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- to comply with or respond to governmental, professional and legal obligations or inquiries, carry out investigations and perform internal administrative activities; or
- if the transmission of your personal information is required or permitted by applicable law
- to administer our website
Transfers of information to other countries
How to exercise your data rights?
If you are in the UK, Switzerland, or the European Economic Area (EEA), please click here.
If you are in Argentina, please click here.
If you are in California, please click here.
If you are in any other jurisdiction, please click here.
Protection of Collected Personal Information
The AlixPartners website is not intended for use by minors under the age of 16 and as such we request that minors under the age of 16 do not submit any personal information to us via the website. We recommend that parents remind their children to handle their personal information securely and responsibly on the Internet. We will not ask minors to provide their personal information if we have knowledge of their minority.
Linking to other websites
This website contains links to other websites which are not operated by AlixPartners. We assume no responsibility for the contents provided by third parties and hereby exclude all liability for the data protection and data security devices provided on the linked websites. We strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies that you access from our website.
Retention of your Personal Information
We retain your personal information as necessary to achieves the purposes described above. The duration will vary depending on the circumstances around how and why your data was collected and how and if we have developed a business relationship. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your data if requested or we have identified no further legitimate uses for that data. To exercise your data rights, see the “How to Exercise Your Data Rights?” section above.
About us and contact details
This website is provided by AlixPartners, LLP of 2000 Town Center, Suite 2400, Southfield, Michigan, 48075, United States of America. Our website server is based in the United States of America.
Sections of the website relate to different jurisdictions and/or AlixPartners group companies, but this is part of our main website and your personal information submitted via this website will go to the United States of America.
Updated: August 30, 2021