Anne conducts economic research and analysis of antitrust issues, class certification, lost profits, damages, and business valuation in the contexts of complex commercial disputes, investigations, and bankruptcy. She investigates breach of contract, price fixing, price manipulation, monopolization, tying, predatory pricing, and fraudulent conveyance and assists clients in their interactions with insurance regulators, federal regulators, and corporate boards. Her financial services experience is in the areas of insurance, annuities, mortgage origination, banking, and mutual funds. Anne has a PhD in economics from MIT and has authored and published numerous academic articles on insurance and risk management topics such as cost pass-through, differentiation and competition, and regulation and competition.
Publications and Papers
- “A simple index of common ownership is not so simple,” (with Pablo Florian), The Exchange: Insurance and Financial Services Developments, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Spring 2019.
- “The Digital Revolution’s Impact on Trading and Trading Investigations,” (with Lilly Goldman) The Woman Advocate, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Woman Advocate Committee, Fall 2018, Volume 25, Issue 1.
- “Impact of the Credit Crisis on MBS Markets,” (with Andrew Carron and Tom Schopflocher), Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities, 7th ed., Frank J. Fabozzi, ed., Oxford University Press, 2016.
- "Risk overhang and loan portfolio decisions: Small business loan supply before and during the financial crisis" (with Robert DeYoung, Gokhan Torna, and Andrew Winton), Journal of Finance, 2015.
Speeches and Presentations
- Participant in Antitrust Issues panel for “Digital Platforms: Innovation, Antitrust, and Privacy,” UIC John Marshall Law School, Conference, March 13, 2020.
- Digital Platforms and Antitrust Concerns,” UIC John Marshall Law School 63rd Annual IP Conference, November 1, 2019.
- “High Yield Debt Mutual Funds,” NERA’s Finance, Law and Economics Securities Litigation Seminar, Park City, July 2016.
- Panel member for "Avoiding Signaling and Collusion in Information Exchanges and other Business Transactions in the US and EU,” Chicago Forum on International Antitrust Issues, June 2016.