Content is king...Again
The media and entertainment industry is experiencing a golden age. New technologies have enabled creators of content to connect to a broader array of consumers in more direct and impactful ways than ever before. While these technologies are driving more revenue, beneath this top-line growth lies a fundamental disruption of business models in the sector, necessitating new ways of operating and demanding a transformation in the type and quantity of content produced.
This report reveals:
- What top performing companies are doing to cause disruption or mitigate its impact
- The factors affecting companies in the lowest segment
- Whether these forces disrupt all companies equally
- What anomalies tell us about the industry
The impact of disruption for media and entertainment companies
The AlixPartners media & entertainment industry disruption report analyzes the key factors impacting the sector, and uncovers the implications for leaders, including:
- Content creation must respond to consumers’ demands for personalization with regard to how and when they experience media across all potential devices.
- Consumer analytics, in conjunction with artificial intelligence, will increasingly empower media companies to target those consumer demands and customize experiences around individuals.
- To supplement revenues lost from traditional channels, many media companies are increasing their reliance on digital subscriptions, but for some industries and companies, subscriptions might not replace all lost revenues as new entrants take market share and consumer behaviors change.
- Strong brands and quality products will differentiate companies in a more fragmented media environment.
AlixPartners Disruption Insights identifies strategic priorities and tactics that successful businesses are employing to survive—and thrive—in the midst of ongoing disruption cycles. Complete the form to download the media and entertainment industry analysis.