There’s no doubt that the global consumer products industry faces an uncertain future. The uncertainty will only intensify as powerful forces—including mergers, acquisitions, and divestures—continue to reshape the industry.
At a glance
- Companies face weak demand and increasingly fickle consumers.
- Revenues peaked back in 2013 and have since stagnated.
- Digital transformation and a power shift to consumers are challenging the traditional business model.
- Companies need to drive efficient growth to win in this environment.
- They must reconfigure their business models from marketing to distribution to supply chain efficiencies.